Air Black Box is an airline technology start-up company based in Manchester and we’ve won some pretty impressive awards! Due to continued growth, we’re now looking for a QA Team Lead to join our team.
Resource management of the QA team, including mentoring and training where necessary
Promote and advocate test capabilities and make decisions on the environment for testing
Design and execute a wide range of testing techniques and communicate test results to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Execute non-functional test scenarios and identify defects, run non-functional tests others have written and know the processes to do so.
Coach other team members and help any resource in terms of sharing business knowledge as required.
Foster relationships between the test and development teams as they work through software delivery
Recruitment and onboarding of all new QA staff, advocating QA practices to all new staff in the organisation
Design or provide assurance for, appropriate risk-based end-to-end system integration test models.
Write test scripts / cases for API, Automated, UI and Manual tests which validate system requirements
Drive the use of test tools and new testing methodologies in order to improve the efficiency and reportability of testing activities
Proactively monitor both test and production systems for defects and quality issues and if found ensure they are documented through the relevant channels
Providing support to clients and customers where required
Help drive a best practise approach to quality assurance throughout the organisation
- Be able to provide business stakeholders concise communication about testing
- Think creatively, ask the right questions and critically evaluate and communicate findings to a larger team.
- Provide test estimates to support the creation of project plans and change requests
- Experience in Website testing and development with excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Creating, maintaining and running test scripts and performing exploratory test runs which validate system requirements
- Strong and self-motivated person with good organisational skills wishing to work as part of a focused team. Is willing to go the extra mile in terms of time and effort during delivery milestones.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must have the ability to present technical information in a clear, concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Knowledgeable of different testing tools and techniques and can train others by advising on testing techniques and frameworks.
- Used to working in an Agile environment with regular changes to milestones and requirements
- An aptitude for applying lessons learned in future troubleshooting scenarios
- Quick learner with a desire to learn new development languages and tools.
- Communicate defects or trends clearly to software developers, outlining how defects are identified and possible causes.
- Plan design in a non-functional environment, identify the most effective techniques, data sets and non-functional testing tools.
The ideal candidate will:
Working hours are initially set at 9-5:30 but flexibility will be required to meet the needs of our clients who are spread across multiple time zones.
There is some flexibility in working location however you will need to be located within commuting distance of Manchester Piccadilly as regular office attendance is mandatory.